Feedback on the Seine Gateway® Workshop16 Apr 15
Feedback on the Seine Gateway® Workshop
In the framework of the Weastflows project, AURH organised a "Seine Gateway®" Workshop on 27th January in Le Havre. Over 80 participants took part: institutional stakeholders, such as ports authorities, Chambers of Commerce, the French railway network (SNCF), VNF French waterway network), HAROPA, the Seine River Valley inter-ministerial delegation, Paris Seine Normandy®, town planning agencies and economic development agencies, as well as private stakeholders.
The goal was to mobilise private, public transport and supply chain decision-makers from the Seine River Valley to:
- To Share updates on the Seine Gateway® progress.
- To Revive dynamics for Gateway stakeholders, with the inclusion of private players.
- To Think about, with the example of other European gateways, how to continue this approach and possible partnerships.
This Workshop actively contributed to the "development of sustainable gateways" action and was broken down into five different parts including a corporate round table:
- A Reminder of the Seine Gateway® approach.
- Weastflows and other European gateways.
- An Introduction to Geoweastflows: the online mapping platform.
- A business companies round table discussions.
- Discussions on the European corridor policy.
For additional information, please consult the page dedicated to this Seine Gateway® Workshop on the AURH site.